THANK YOU FOR BROWSING THROUGH MY ART WORK..PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE SO I CAN RETURN THE FAVOUR :)

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Joyous Season

 
Merry Christmas to all my friends. 

Have you noticed people aren't sending cards this year?  I suppose the postage is one reason or sending best wishes online has taken over.   Living on the west (wet) coast it never feels like Christmas to me without snow.  I grew up in Ontario where snow was always on the ground for Christmas which made the lights twinkle so much better.  I know travelling could be a problem but we always managed.

As a young  child we travelled through snow banks to get to my grandparents for Christmas Day.  I have fond memories of my Grandmother cooking on the woodstove and there seemed to be dish towels drying on the rack behind the stove all the time.  She made wonderful meals under adverse conditions but I never heard her complain. 

The year I only got "pink panties" for Christmas was such a trauma!! 7 pairs!  I so looked forward to my aunt's gifts as they bought me nail polish and things my mother wouldn't buy.. but not that year..I was devastated.

I am blessed to be surrounded by my two daughters and their families.  I musn't forget the dogs.. they too are my fur children. 

May the Season Bless you with friends and family and may 2014 bring  you love and laughter.

Ruth





No comments:

Post a Comment