THANK YOU FOR BROWSING THROUGH MY ART WORK..PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE SO I CAN RETURN THE FAVOUR :)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pouring watercolor is one method of getting loose, free flowing paintings.

It takes a little planning as you need to have to leave some white of the paper. Wet your paper where you want color and decide the color scheme ahead of time. You get very clean, bright color this way as you are not disturbing the surface of the paper with a brush.
I took pure ultramarine blue and poured it down the paper…I added a little yellow in places which made the green. I then took permanent rose and poured over the blue. Do let the first color sit for awhile to get a rich colour. Now take a look at the paper and see if you can “find” a flower, object, or form.

In this instance the bird almost appeared immediately. I did darken around the edges of the bird to define it a little. I then tackled the white mass and decided it was the shape of a hydrangea and did little soft edges creating petals. I also did a some negative painting to create the stem.
Try to work on a small piece first rather than ruin a whole large piece of w/c paper. You can continue to pour between drying times to get the results you like. I did this one in 3 pours which left it luminous.



4 comments:

  1. A really interesting posting on pouring technique. And the result is beautiful! Thank you, Ruth, for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ruth, this is your work of art I really love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful, this pouring technique! I have never done that before, but I surely will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ruth,
    Thank you for sharing the beautiful works and precious techniques. Please keep up.
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete