THANK YOU FOR BROWSING THROUGH MY ART WORK..PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE SO I CAN RETURN THE FAVOUR :)

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I think I should have been born in the Victorian era (rich of course). My husband and I spent a few hours over afternoon tea at the world famous Butchart Gardens Tea Room. These gardens are lovely in every season. The spring bulbs are opening and there is a carpet of snowdrops throughout. The high tea was absolutely decadent…ginger scones with devonshire cream, maple flavoured butter and jam. That was the starter…and then the wonderful tea tray arrived – hot little quiches, tuna in chutney, little pastries full of chicken, mushroom and cream..plus small pork pies…the second tier was small sandwiches of cucumber, smoked salmon and egg..the top tier had orange cream tarts with jam on top, chocolate mousse cake, little pink and white dainties with marzipan icing…. are you full yet?




The tea room was bursting with orchids, amaryllis, small little irises and other plants I couldn’t name.. absolutely delightful!



Oh I do love to be spoiled..all I needed was a huge hat with a feather, matching umbrella and a long dress of white sheer fabric……

No comments:

Post a Comment