THANK YOU FOR BROWSING THROUGH MY ART WORK..PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE SO I CAN RETURN THE FAVOUR :)

Saturday, August 07, 2010

It is a rainy, cool summer day here in Sidney, BC. I can see the ocean from my house so I can always tell how stormy it really is by watching the white caps on the water. I see the yachts bouncing high in the water and am glad I am not in the boats no matter how nice they look - I get seasick!

Nobody painting on the walkway along the ocean today. There are usually one or two perched along the water trying to capture the islands, sea and mountains. Mt. Baker is directly across the Strait in Washington State and when it is in full view it is glorious and begs to be painted.

Today is a "curl up with a book" day for me. I got rather painted out in Europe a few weeks ago and need to just sit and do nothing. I love a good book and finding new authors so if you have any suggestions pass them on.

I feel sorry for those brides who have planned for years for today and now the rain is pelting down. I know of one couple who flew from England for an outdoor wedding this afternoon.. and it has been hot and sunny for over a month. Too bad. Let's hope they had an alternative plan.

Never mind the forest fires are awful this year in BC so the rain is very welcome - just no lightning please.

No comments:

Post a Comment